NASCO began using EDI in 1989. By 1994, NASCO had graduated to having several of their customers transmitting and receiving forecasts, firm orders, acknowledgements, and advanced shipment notifications. In 1998, NASCO sent their first invoice via EDI. Currently, NASCO conducts approximately 90% of customer ordering and delivery notifications via EDI, although, their service customers are beginning to help rapidly closed the remaining 10%.
In late 1999, NASCO began looking at Internet options and started adding Direct Data Links and Business-to-Business communication protocols into the mix. NASCO has become an active participant in the area of communications and information exchange. Links such as Toyota Supplier, Ford Supplier, and GM Supply Chain have become a very intricate part of NASCO’s daily communication efforts.
During the last quarter of 2001, NASCO began looking into ways to close the supply chain by transmitting orders and receiving shipment notifications and acknowledgements from their suppliers.
As more exciting technologies appear, NASCO will continue to maintaining their position as a leader in the automotive supplier industry.